Counter Fraud Investigator Apprenticeship Standard
The Fraud Investigation Standard was developed to provide a recognised and robust pathway for fraud investigators that would allow for parity across sectors and comprehensive development of all knowledge, skills and behaviours associated with being an effective and competent investigation professional
At Intelligencia Training, we fully evaluate all apprentices prior to induction to programme and develop a pathway that is bespoke to each individual, being relevant to both sector and their organisation. With a huge breadth of fraud, analytics and investigative experience within our staff we are well placed to deliver bespoke programmes to Fraud Investigators working across a variety of Public Sector, Law Enforcement and Financial Services roles.
The typical training period for the learners on our Fraud Investigation Apprenticeship is 18-24 months and consists of classroom/outdoor based delivery sessions on either our premises or client sites as desired.
Specific modules for study are defined within employer scoping and learner skill scan.
Fill in your details below
Download our Apprenticeship Brochure
Latest video case study:
- Module 1 – Fraud Principles & Methodology (1 day)
- Module 2 – Key Duties Of A Fraud Investigator (1 day)
- Module 3 – Emotional Intelligence (1 day)
- Module 4 – Key Legislation Relating To A Fraud Investigation (1 day)
- Module 5 – Mapping A Fraud Investigation (1 day)
- Module 6 – Fraud Investigation Key Principles (3 days)
- Module 7 – Principles Of An Interview (3 days)
- Module 8 – Fraud Report Construction & Submission (1 day)
- Module 9 – The Rules Of Disclosure In A Civil Or Criminal Investigation (1 day)
- Module 10 – Presenting Evidence At Trials, Hearings & Tribunals (2 days)
- Module 11 – Supplementary Legislation Relating To A Fraud Investigation (1 day)
- Module 12 – The Role Of Intelligence In A Fraud Investigation (3 days)
- Module 13 – Open Source For Internet Based Research & Investigation
- Module 14 – Mental Health Awareness (1 day)
- Mock End Point Assessment
Employer & Apprentice Commitment
Between teaching sessions apprentices are provided with a range of knowledge and skills development based tasks to ensure competence and progression to End Point Assessment gateway. Intelligencia Training fully maps and record Off The Job requirements. All apprentices have access to our e-learning platform for the duration of programme, providing constant communication with the training and assessment team and access to their live Individual Learning Record, providing clear and consistent visibility of targets and progression.
Post Completion Qualification Opportunity
Whilst there are no regulated qualifications included within this standard, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship and End Point Assessment there is an opportunity for work produced in your role whilst on programme to be mapped against the criteria for recognised professional qualifications. Work may be assessed against the criteria for the new L4 Certificate in Fraud Investigation, the first OFQUAL regulated qualification to recognise Fraud Investigation. Please note that assessment and certification are not included within the apprenticeship standard and can not be funded via The Apprenticeship Levy, as such additional commercial charges will apply.
How does the L4 Counter Fraud Investigator Apprenticeship Standard compare to the ACFS?
Launched in 2020, the first Counter Fraud Investigators are now successfully completing the Counter Fraud Investigator Apprenticeship Standard. As it grows in popularity across the public and private sector we still often find that there is confusion about the programme curriculum and how it compares to other well known Counter Fraud Investigation training. We’ve spent time comparing the curriculums of some of the sectors best known programmes to help provide clarity.