Open Source Intelligence and Investigation Qualifications
The effective and legal use of internet based resources for research and investigation is becomingly increasingly important to operational success across all sectors. Internet and social media usage is revolutionising the way in which we think about gathering information, produce intelligence and generate leads for evidence collection.
This qualiﬁcation enables learners to both understand and apply processes to maximise the efficient and effective use of a range of freely available internet based resources.
This is the UK’s ﬁrst OFQUAL recognised qualiﬁcation within this discipline and sets a nationally recognised standard for internet research and investigation.
Who is the qualification suitable for?
This qualiﬁcation in internet research and investigation is suitable for anyone working within a research or investigative role, who primarily uses the internet and world-wide web as their primary source of information. Any sector whose primary source of information is gained from the world-wide web would gain huge benefit from this course and associated qualification, such as:
• Law Enforcement
• Research and Development
What will this qualification give me?
• An underpinning understanding of how the wider internet functions and can be effectively exploited for research and investigative purposes.
• Knowledge of non-conventional search engines and techniques to improve efficiency and data ranges.
• The ability to exploit a wide range of information, to include social media, online images and geo-locational information.
• Confidence to work within the boundaries of current legislation and guidelines.
• The ability to reduce digital footprint and conduct internet research and investigation in a safe and professional manner.
• A UK approved, OFQUAL regulated qualification as proof of your knowledge and skill set.
Northumbrian Water Group
“Northumbrian Water Group are delighted to have been the first water utility company in the country to recognise the opportunity that this Intelligence Analysis training offers.
“Our business is already seeing significant advantages from the of cross departmental sharing of data and analysis and from the change in individuals approach to and understanding of their roles and the impact they can make, never mind that 19 of our senior managers have also achieved a very specialist Level 4 qualification. We are now looking at other staff and management who would benefit from this Level 4 programme.”
Tracey Greener, Training Contracts Manager
National Crime Agency
Deputy Department Head